1+1= Lankans Voice - Singing competition - 3rd round - 2013 UK
Published: 19 Sep 2013
1+1= UK registered Charity finished the 3rd round of "Lankans Voice" singing competition successfully. The event took place on the 7th September 2013 at the Lampton School auditorium. 22 contestants were qualified for the 3rd round, though 19 contestants participated, while 3 were absent due to been unwell.
The contestants faced two challengers: Performing Duet from popular Sinhala movie songs was the first challenge and according to many who attended the event the contestants amazing when showing off their talents. The second challenge was to perform Baila songs and some of the contestants delivered brilliant performance taking the crowd onto the dance floor. Islanders UK supported the event with music.
The contestants were marked by the panel members by 60%, while the audience had the opportunity to vote for their favourite contestants by 40%. 1+1= awarded the contestants who were popular by the audience vote. Shanake Mihira won the most popular individual award, Suresh Attiyagalle & Thamara Dilruckshi as well as Randeera Fernando & Sathma Nugera been voted by the audience as the most popular duet performers and received awards from 1+1=. David Damien, Chandima Tharangani and Thisara Buddhika also been awarded for their wonderful performance.
During the results show the contestants were divided into two groups and there were 12 contestants in one group those who had the highest score on the day and they were named as the most closer group to the Quarter Final, but others also have the chance to score well at the next round to be enter into the highest score group.
1+1= is very grateful to the following individuals and groups for their tremendous support toward this event:
1. Mr Ranjan Herath: The president of 1+1=
2. Dr Lankesh Kodagoda: Vice president of 1+1=
3. Mr Kumar & Mr Ravi from "South Indian Masala restaurant" in Hounslow - Middlesex
4. Joseph Fernando, for his support by designing event materials and video service.
5. Media Sponsors: Hiru TV, and particularly to News Lanka Team and Sesatha Web for the support given even with last minute event information. 1+1= would like to mention Ceylon UK team too for the media publicity.
6. Panel members Mr Sanath Udugama & Mr Chameera Dondeenu, Mr Manjula Munasinghe, Mr Dimuthu Thilakarathne, Ms Gurcey Yamuna for her support for the dancing acts of the duets, Mr Prasanna Nanayakkara, Ms Ann Jayawardene, Mrs Suba Ramanayake, Mr Kasun Senanayake, Dr Rananayake, Ms Renuka Wimalarathne, also to Gayan Mahawatte and Waruni Senanayake for their dedication to "Lankans Voice" and also to the wonderful supporters who continue to attend the events.
7. Mr Janak Ranasinghe from PIP printing for their generous help with the events printing materials.
8. Mr Raki Dharmaseelan for supplying PA system and lightings free of charge and agreeing to continue to support the future events of Lankans Voice.
9. Mr Wasana Yamasinghe and Mr Ranjith Dharmadasa for their voluntary support.
The future events of "Lankans Voice" will be held as follows:
1. Quarter Final Qualifying round in October 2013.
2. Quarter Final at the beginning of November and the Semi Final in November 2013.
3. Grand Finale and the dinner dance in December 2013.
We would like to invite all the Sri Lankan music lovers to come and enjoy these events and you will also be supporting 1+1= for its fund raising efforts to continue its' Charitable work in Sri Lanka for orphans and vulnerable children.
1+1= would like to invite sponsors to come forward and lend your helping hand towards "Lankans Voice" events.
1+1= are looking forward to seeing many of you at the next round of Lankans Voice in October 2013.
Ms Manik Maliyadde 1+1= Founder/Chair/Fund raising activities organiser.
Search Article / News
Latest Featured Articles
Published on Saturday, 05 Aug 2017 01:07
Read more...Published on Thursday, 03 Aug 2017 13:42
Find us on facebook