10th Anniversary of Sri Lanka Festival in Tokyo – 2013
PRESS RELEASE: The 10th Annual Sri Lanka Festival will be held at Tokyo’s Yoyogi Park in Shibuya Ward on 21st and 22nd of September 2013 from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm. Entrance to the Festival is free of charge.
This year the Sri Lanka Festival will showcase special highlights in cultural performances and trade activities to mark its 10th Anniversary. The Sri Lanka Festival will be held for the Japanese public with a unique opportunity to experience a taste of Sri Lankan culture right here in the heart of Tokyo. Around 100,000 visitors are expected at the Festival over the two days.
The Festival while showcasing trade, culture, food and investment, will also promote Sri Lankan products at more than 80 trading stalls. These include:
- Spicy Sri Lankan food including rice & curry, string hoppers, hoppers, egg hoppers, kotturotti, cutlets, rotti, vaddai
- Sri Lankan beer and coconut arrack
- Exquisite semi-precious gems and costume jewellery
- Organic herbal products including Ayurveda health care items cosmetics, health drinks virgin coconut oil, cashew and Kithul syrup
- Brass and silver ornaments ,wood carvings & Sri Lankan ceramic
- Pure Ceylon tea from different regions of Sri Lanka with gourmet packaging
- Pure Sri Lankan spices including cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, mustard, seeds, coriander, turmeric etc.
- Sri Lankan crafts, hand woven textile , batik and children’s garment
- Grand raffle draw with many exciting prices including round trip tickets toSri Lanka with holiday packages
Cultural Performances will also be presented by the world renowned Sri Lankan dance troupe, “Channa -Upuli” who will perform different styles of Sri Lankan classical dance at the Festival as well as popular music performances by the “Bathiya and Santhush” group.
The Festival is organised by the Embassy of Sri Lanka inTokyo with the support of Japanese and Sri Lankan business organisations and well-wishers.
We wish to therefore extend our invitation to you to participate at this annual event as an exhibitor. The “Application form”, the “Guidelines to apply for Sri Lanka Festival 2013 - English” and the “Guidelines to apply for Sri Lanka Festival 2013 - Japanese” may be downloaded.
If you wish to participate and make use of this valued opportunity to promote your business at the Sri Lanka Festival 2012, kindly forward the duly filled application to the,
Upon the receipt of your dully filled application, it will be assessed by the Embassy and the eligible applicants will be informed on the acceptance of the respective
Further information on the Sri Lanka Festival can be obtained from the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Tokyo as follows:
Embassy of Sri Lanka Tokyo
1st May 2013
Search Article / News
Latest Featured Articles
Published on Friday, 17 Mar 2017 15:21
Anybody can cook but unless one apply some scientific knowledge, no energy can be saved and cannot stop any cooking aroma depositing while cookingPublished on Friday, 17 Mar 2017 05:57
Find us on facebook